Best Athletic Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis Reviews 2019 – Athletes are highly susceptible to injuries and pain, the occurrence of these are majorly determined by the training conditions. The most common injury is the plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis develops due to the increase in pressure and straining of the ligaments that join the front of the foot to the heel (plantar fascia). Besides athletes overweight people, military officers and pregnant mothers also suffer from this condition. This condition is associated with the kind of shoes and shoe companies have participated in a great deal in producing footwear that aid in the prevention. There are several collection of athletic shoes. However, the suitability of the shoes varies depending on the wearer’s choice and the prevailing conditions and circumstances. The following are some of the best athletic shoes for plantar fasciitis.
BEST ATHLETIC SHOES FOR PLANTAR FASCIITIS –
WOMEN & MEN
First, if you are a runner and looking for the best athletic shoes for plantar fasciitis, here are some of the general properties you need to consider, they include:
- Heel support (Better shock absorption).
- Arch support with a Firm ankle.
- Good cushioning.
1. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14 Running Shoe
Among all the Brooks models the Adrenaline GTS 14 is the most popular. It is a unisex shoe that serves perfectly the needs of athletic shoes for plantar fasciitis sufferers.it weight about 11.2 oz and has heel length of 35.5 mm, forefoot length of 24.4 mm, and the length of drop from heel to the forefoot of 11.1mm. In addition to these features, it has the following specs.
- Its upper has a mesh cover that enhances breath ability
- It has a rubber sole
- Designed with GTS 14 inches snug lacing system that comfortably secures the feet
- Its extended caterpillar crash pad enables total ground contact for cosy heel –to-toe transition.
- The Omega Flex grooves provide more forefoot movement
- Designed with an adjustable saddle that allows targeted support.
- The Durability in high-wear areas of the outsole is a result of the HPR plus material.
Like any other product, it comes with its pros and cons;
- Its weight is considerably low
- These shoes give a lot of stability and Comfortable
- It has fewer cushions as compared to the previous models
2. ASICS GEL-Nimbus 15 Running Shoe
It similar to the previous product the Asics Gel-Nimbus 14 except for the upper construction. This shoe weighs 9.9 oz. and is available in three colors; yellow, blue and black.
It is designed with the following specifications;
- It has impact guidance systems which involve linked componentry to enhance natural manner from heel strike to toe-off.
- Designed with a trusstic system that improves pace efficiency and provision of mid-foot structural integrity.
- It has exoskeletal heel counter that provides enhanced support and also provides improved heel fitting environment.
- In addition to the above specifications, these features aid in the provision of ideal conditions;
The Sole Unit:
The sole unit of this product is similar to the Cumulus and the Nimbus 14. The sole is responsible for cushioning and flexibility of the shoe. Nimbus 15 has an outsole made of Carbon rubber which supports the heel and blown rubber supporting the forefoot. The midsole has a double layer compression of moulded EVA, thermoplastic Trusstic shank and Gel cushioning units in the forefoot and heel.
The Upper Unit:
The luxurious looks and the pampering feel of the upper part of the Nimbus 15 are attributed to the memory forms which are quite more as compared to that in the Nimbus 14. In addition to the memory forms, the upper part in also made of synthetic leather, TPU welding stretch panels, thermoplastic heel counter and open spacer mesh. This material enables the shoe to be light and breathable thus reducing the extent of strain.
Any product in the market has its advantages and disadvantages and here are the pros and cons for ASICS Gel Nimbus 15
- It is made with sufficient cushioning
- It provides comfort and a luxurious atmosphere
- It is flexible
- It is heavy and available is big sizes
- It design can be problematic for wide footed people
- It doesn’t suit fast paces
3. Saucony Kinvara 4 Running Shoe
This is the most recent version that serves the needs of a minimalist trainer. A medium men’s size weighs 7.9 oz. and has a heel size of 30.1 mm, forefoot size of 22.3 mm and a drop from heel to the forefoot of 7.8 mm.
- It’s is designed with a HydraMAX moisture-wicking collar lining
- It is of synthetic and mesh covering which promotes air circulation.
The Sole Unit:
The sole unit of this shoe includes a reinforcement of lightweight for and hard rubber pads on the high wear areas. There are some similarities with the Kinvara 4, however, the great changes are in the new power grid compound in the heel compared with the pro grid in the previous versions. This power grid property servers perfectly in impact absorption. Moreover is made with a high-abrasion EVE plus midsole.
The tri-lug design of the outsole provides sufficient traction on the terrain and offers a push by creating a piston-like effect.
The Upper Unit:
This is where the difference comes between the Kinvara 4 and other models. The upper of Kinvara 4 is made with flex film material with soft overlay, this enhances breathability of the shoe. There are also some similarities such as the toe box with is alike with that of Kinvara 3. The upper part is made with a durable material.
- It is light weight
- It provides a solid traction
- Available in supportive fit
- The outsole is made from premium quality carbon rubber. For this reason, it is durable
- It lacks enough cushioning.
- There is a possibility of quick wearing.
4: ASICS Gel Kayano 21 Running Shoe
This shoe is one of the best athletic shoes for plantar fasciitis. It is designed with a heel length of about 1.5 inches and weight 12.4 Oz and in a variation of width sizes. It is designed with impact guidance system. In addition to this property ASICS Gel Kayano 21 also features;
The sole Unit:
The outsole consists of the carbon rubber particularly in the heel part and blown rubber in the forefoot. This feature provides ideal cushioning to the foot. The midsole is made with forefoot Gel pads Tri-density EVE foam for the heel and midfoot thermoplastic shank. These features are all purposed to enhance the level of cushioning. It also has a fluid ride bounce back cushioning.
The Upper Unit:
To enhance the durability of this shoe, the upper part is made with synthetic leather. It is also covered with spacer mesh which helps in the breathability of the shoe. The upper part is also fluid fit multidirectional ad also consists of TPU welds
- It is made with sufficient cushioning
- It is available in range of sizes
- It is expensive
5: New Balance 1340 Optimal Control Running Shoe
This is a unisex shoe designed to help in a way that provides comfort, stability and good cushioning for runners’ foot and avoids the chances of getting plantar fasciitis. It measures 12.7 x 7.1 x 4.9 inches.
This shoe features the following;
The outsole is made of a carbon rubber referred to as ndurance. It is located in the lateral side of the outer sole and in the heel. This feature improves the durability of the shoe. It also has blown rubber located in the forefoot part that is responsible for cushioning and shock absorption.
The midsole of New Balance 1340 is designed with the N2 Cushioning system. This comprises of durable and responsive cushioning. In order to provide additional durable underfoot cushioning, this shoe made with Acteva Lite. In addition, the mid-foot has the T-beam which contains light and elastic TPU shank. The elasticity of the TPU shank helps in the resistance of twisting forces thus preventing injuries.
Also, the midsole contains the stabilicore that utilizes the thermoplastic unit. This feature is purposed to provide stability and smooth change from heel to toe.
To enhance breathability and dryness of this shoe, its upper is entirely covered with synthetic mesh. It also has the Ortholite sock liner which provides additional underfoot cushioning. The upper part of New Balance 1340 has Strobe1 Last that enhances cushioning and soft underfoot feel.
- It is available in a variation of with sizes thus increasing the range of choice
- Some size has narrow width thus tight to fit
However, The above shoes are some of the best athletic shoes for plantar fasciitis. With the above-stated features and specifications, they can help you make an informed choice.
- Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Best Running Shoes For Flat Feet Reviews
- Asics Gel Venture 5 Review