Running is one of America’s fastest growing sports. With this boom in its popularity has come an explosion in the use of available gear such as Asics Gel Venture 5 with which the runner can enjoy a variety of terrains.
This particular footwear is also suitable for fitness workout and casual activities as it is well cushioned to offer minimal arch support, very stable, supported, perfect for motion control, and is well protected.
The Asics GEL is a neutral footwear which means that it is a cross between stability and minimalist shoes. The running shoe adopts a standard feature of the barefoot shoes, which is the lower heel to toe drop, and has the cushioning technology of the stability shoes.
Men’s and women’s Asics Gel-Venture 5 Running Shoes
ASICS GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoes Description
This shoe has been famous for its durability, lightweight, comfortable feel, versatility, superb traction and its rugged outer sole that does not limit the performance on uneven grounds, hard pavements, rocky courses, shiny gym floors, and dirt trails.
In addition, it performs equally well on slushy and wet surfaces making it highly competitive with the decent trail shoes in the market today.
This shoe is designed for both men and women but has a number of uses that include:
- By athletes
- For fitness enthusiasts such as gymnasts
- For regular gym workout
- For indoor and outdoor sports
- Fit to wear on casual days when going to work or even when you engage in activities such as walks and jogging.
Common Features of Asics Gel Venture 5
- Weight – This shoe has a lightweight concept that makes it favorable for runners particularly the entry- level trail enthusiasts. The women’s shoes are a little lighter as compared to the men’s shoes. They are approximately two hundred and fifty-two (252) grams which is approximately 8.89 ounces while the men’s weigh three hundred and three (303) grams which is about 10.69 ounces.
- The Forefoot Height – In the menswear of the Asics GEL-Venture, the forefoot height is twenty-one millimeters (21 mm), while the women’s variety has a forefoot height of nineteen millimeters (19 mm). The forefoot height in both versions affects the forefoot cushioning in this area and as a result, the arch support is enhanced.
- Heel height – The men’s version of the Asics GEL-Venture 5 has a heel height of thirty-one millimeters (31 mm) while the women’s measure twenty-nine millimeters (29 mm). The heel height affects the cushioning in this particular region just as it is the case in the forefoot height.
- Heel to toe drop – Looking at the heel and forefoot heights of this specific model, you can realize the heel to toe drop, which is ten millimeters (10 mm) in the women and men’s version.
- Sizing and Fitting – The sizing, in this case, refers to the standard length of the shoe. It is said that the shoe accommodates a medium widths of the rear foot, midfoot, and forefoot. On the contrary, most of its users have complained about its narrowness and tightness.The shoe feels too tight at the toes but satisfactorily fitting at the heel. In most cases due to the crumpled toes, a lot of discomforts is experienced when running. To solve this problem, it is appropriate that you order a shoe that is half size bigger than your normal size.
Pros of Asics Gel Venture 5
- Super traction – The outsole and the Trail Specific pattern of this footwear provide excellent traction that allows good grip onto the surface. Asics GEL-Venture is designed for some weathers, therefore, suitable to use on snow or muddy grounds without slipping.
- Versatile – For general fitness, the Asics GEL-Venture is a perfect choice. Most of the reviewers have recommended it for some sporting activities, gym workout, casual use, running, and even walking on rugged terrain.
- Durability – For only $60, you are assured of excellent quality and outstanding durability. The Asics GEL-Venture works perfectly well on trail and track terrains. The flexibility of the upper sole keeps it in good shape despite the numerous flexing. The most vulnerable part of the shoe is the out sole, which is reinforced with AHAR rubber, therefore, enhancing durability.
- Breathability – The upper sole is made of flexible and lightweight perforated fabric that allow breathability of the shoe. The open mesh layers allow the free flow of air inside the shoe hence you are guaranteed to maintain dry and cool feet even during rigorous training or the hottest of days.
- Comfortable – One of the strengths of the Asics GEL-Venture is its comfort. It has the cushioning technology of stability shoes and being a neutral shoe; it has a plush and soft feel. Besides the resilient well-ventilated upper sole, the heel collar, and padded tongue profoundly improve the step-in comfort of the shoe. The stable platform does not compromise the shock attenuation and protection it offers.
- For casual use – The neat and sleek look of this shoe allows it to be worn as a casual wear especially when partnered with jeans. It may not have striking colors, but they are attractive enough to earn some compliments.
Cons of Asics Gel Venture 5
- Tightness – There have been some complaints about its tightness despite its medium fit. Most users are not happy with its narrow inside that limits flexing of the feet.
- Poor arch support – This neutral shoe offers inadequate arch support for the supinator. The problem is more common in over pronation as compared to under pronation. The footwear is designed in a way that the foot is held firmly when running the foot rolls therefore outwards instead of rolling inwards because of their high arches. Nonetheless, the shoe has a sufficient arch support for its purpose.
Question 1: Are they good walking shoes-20
Answer: In general, people wanting a sneaker for walking will do better with a running shoe as they are similar but a running shoe is built tougher, has more stability and has more support against impact. In most cases, a running shoe is a far superior shoe for walking than one labeled as a walking shoe.
Question 2: This shoe comes up in a “Men’s” search. When added to the cart, it displays, “ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 4”, but on the product page it states “Women’s”?
Answer: That is weird. I bought and received men’s and they are men’s.
Question 3: I have small feet 6 1/2 wide men’s some seven medium fits do these run small to size?
Answer: Not too small, one size above yours should work fine. I hope because that is what I did order one size above mine.
Question 4: I purchase 8 1/2, sometimes 9. My foot is just less than 10″ from heel to toe. The Asics size graph describe correct size at seven 1/2-8?
Answer: Order them a 1/2 size bigger. I did, and they fit just right.
Question 5: Is the shoe width indicated on the label under the tongue?
Answer: No width just size.
Asics Gel Venture 5 Reviews – The Verdict
In conclusion, the Asics GEL Venture 5 is a reasonably priced pair of shoes that is a perfect choice for fitness workouts to casual activities. It will keep your feet stable, supported, and protect it from terrain irregularities and landing impact shock.
This product offers excellent grip everywhere, on the shiny gym floor, hard pavement, dirt trails, and rocky courses. This shoe is popularly known for its versatility, excellent traction, durability, and comfortable feel. Apart from the open upper mesh, the shoe has a heel collar and padded tongue that offers great comfort.
The interior part of the shoe is well aerated, and the upper construction is made of open mesh layers that are resilient and lightweight.