Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis – Newest list and Reviews – Plantar fasciitis is a common injury to tennis players, and some do not even realize that they already have it until this condition worsens to stop them from going to their game. If you always have a heel pain during the first few steps you take after having a little relaxation, which then goes away then, you probably have plantar fasciitis.
There are several treatments for this kind of condition, all ranging from rest to anti-inflammatory and sometimes surgery, but several studies have shown that a considerable number of tennis players get better by just selecting a good tennis shoe for plantar fasciitis.
How to choose the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis and heel spurs?
If you wear the wrong tennis shoe, you will probably encounter this condition. Pick a tennis shoe that fits you correctly and one that offers enough support to the arch of your feet. Selecting a tennis shoe that does not provide adequate support to the arch can contribute to over-pronation.
At first, when I began playing tennis, my primary purpose was to lose weight, but I always had a problem with my arch which led to over pronation. This is the same problem facing tennis players who are obese, overweight, or diabetic. To avoid such issue, get a firm heel counter, with minimal midsole torquing, strong arch support and flexion at the toe box and with a secure closure system.
What are the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis?
|1||Asics GEL-Resolution 5 Tennis Shoe|
|2||Prince T22 Tennis Shoe|
|3||New Balance 1005 Tennis Shoe|
|4||Adidas Performance Barricade Court Tennis Shoe|
|5||K-Swiss Bigshot II Tennis Shoe|
|6||ASICS GEL-Upcourt Tennis Shoe|
|7||Adidas Performance Barricade 2015 Tennis Shoe|
|8||Nike Vapor Court Tennis Shoes|
|9||Adidas Barricade 7.0 Tennis Shoe|
|10||Head Sprint Pro Court Shoe|
Women’s & Men’s Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
1. Men’s & Women’s Asics Gel Resolution 5 Tennis Shoe
The Asics Resolution series has been a preferred choice for aggressive players, but the fifth iteration comes with nothing in mind but comfort making it an ideal shoe for those suffering from plantar fasciitis. Unlike the previous model of Gel resolution, this one has flexibility features. For example, it features a rubber sole with a synthetic upper leather material, to make your experience as optimal as possible when playing tennis.
Another unique feature that has impressed many players about Asics GEL-Resolution 5 Tennis Shoe is the memory foam layers, which makes take the shape of your heel, ankle or your foot type in general thereby lessening the risk of plantar fasciitis.
- This shoe has incorporated a dual density midsole system which makes it a very stable shoe of its kind with excellent foot support.
- The fit is superb and right to any footwear.
- This shoe demonstrates optimal shock absorption, making it the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis
- This is one of the lightest gel resolution models, comfortable and offers ample space for tennis players with wide feet.
- The mesh in the upper part of the shoe keeps your foot cool during intense play.
- It’s not the lightest shoe of its kind, and may not provide a lot of surface road sensation as you run.
- The mesh on the upper may tear down, which may affect the stability of the shoe. They may require extra care to make sure that doesn’t happen.
2. Men’s & Women’s Prince T22 Tennis Shoe
Prince T22 is an ideal shoe for those players looking for a full-width tennis shoe. It has also proven to be perfect tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis specifically because of its ability to minimize the strains your feet might have while at the same time lessening the impact on the feet. Other notable features of this shoe include synthetic leather, breathable mesh panel, plenty of room in the toe box and an above average cushioning.
One of the fundamental differences you will notice in Prince T22 Tennis Shoe is the heel. Unlike other tennis shoes, the heels come up a little higher, giving a perfect stability; no worries of possible slippery. The traction is excellent, making it reliable best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis players.
- It offers an ultimate durability since it’s a marked improvement on the previous model from its manufacturer.
- Perfect breathability because of its improved ventilation features, which also makes it a very lightweight shoe of its kind.
- Shock absorption cushion on the toecap protects against further injuries.
- Gives a safe and a reliable traction thereby lessening the strains on your muscles.
- The high arch can be a bother to some people with plantar fasciitis, but to some, it is not an issue.
- There is lots of cushioning in the uppers but not on the heel.
3. Men’s & Women’s New Balance MC/WC1005 Tennis Shoe
This is one of the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis players especially because of its ability to absorb higher impact shock. A player looking for a way to lessen strains on the wheel will find this shoe to be a worthwhile consideration because of its excellent traction.
It has an electric sole, a cushioned neckline that provides a solace capacity, a cross section that gives ample breathability all through the shoe, and a stability innovation that makes it able to keep any feet balanced all day.
- Many tennis players cherish the new balance MC/WC1005 Stability Tennis Shoe because of the reinforcement and padding it offers to their feet.
- One of the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis players typically because it’s able to provide support from heel to toe. It also uses a midsole shanks and support system that correct pronation.
- This is an improved version of its kind which makes it a very durable tennis shoe. Some reviewer has stated that this model was able to last twice as much as other types of shoes that they have ever bought.
- Very comfortable shoe and allows you to turn, pivot, and even stop with ease without having to take the impact of the tennis ball.
- The included insole makes this shoe a less desirable one, but to some, it’s a great feature that if not overlooked can it can prove to be a valuable shoe if you have any injury.
- It has great features, but it lacks popularity, which is one of its main drawbacks. It, however, is worth every consideration for anyone with plantar fasciitis
4. Men’s & Women’s Adidas Performance Barricade Court Tennis Shoe
Adidas has been in the market for quite long now, which makes most of their footwear popular and with improved features. The Adidas Performance Barricade Court Tennis Shoe is a great and a perfect tennis shoe for players that use aggressive play to win competitions.
It features rubber soles, synthetic leather upper, heel stabilizer and a torsions system. All these features are there to enjoy your game with comfortable footwear. The foam on the Adidas performance barricade is made with leather materials, which is breathable and responds very well to high impacts.
- Adidas brands are durable; they are made of materials which are excellent, and they are equipped with torsion system that extends the durability of the shoe even further.
- It provides a perfect breathability thanks to the ventilated dimples.
- Adidas performance barricade is one of the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis players thanks to the sole that is curved and molded to accommodate your feet snugly while minimizing pain
- High quality, lightweight and easy to remove and wear.
- The Adidas performance barricade court tennis shoes for men’s and women’s are always available unlike most of its competitors.
- While their sole is not slippery, it may not be suitable for unpaved surfaces.
- Adidas brands are considered high quality, so you may find that most of their brands are a little bit expensive.
5. Men’s & Women’s K-Swiss Bigshot II Tennis Shoe
The K-swiss Bigshot II Tennis Shoe is the newest generation of K-swiss shoe line and has been improved to be better than the first Bigshot. When you weight its features, you may assume that it is an in between tennis shoe on Adidas barricade and the original Bigshot.
It’s more lightweight and allows quicker speeds on the court. Regarding comfort, foot support, performance, and durability this tennis shoe is the best for any tennis player.
- It has a superb padding and the lightest weight tennis shoe on the market.
- The construction of the midsole is designed to center the foot thereby giving a perfect alignment.
- Durable and cheap
- Comfortable and a perfect tennis shoe for plantar fasciitis players
- Though this shoe id lightweight and with great performance, some customers have had some few durability issues when they compare it with the original Bigshot.
- Some people feel that the performance of the shoe was okay, but not up to their expectation, but putting its price into consideration, it’s worth your consideration.
6. Men’s & Women’s ASICS GEL-Upcourt Tennis Shoe
The Asics Gels shoes are well known for offering excellent traction as well as cushioning at an unbeatable price. The Asics Gel-Upcourt Tennis Shoe gives nothing less. It features a lightweight design, a full –length gum rubber outsole that ensures that you do not slip on the court, and has a cushioning system that provides superior comfort.
Just like other Asics Gel models, it features synthetic leather and a mesh upper for breathability purposes, which is why it is considered a great value for any multi-court player.
- Great shoe for a multi-court player due to its durability features and fitness features. Some people who have purchased this model says that one pair of Asics Gel-upcourt shoe outlasts several other brands of tennis shoes and take more beating than any model out there.
- It’s one of the lightest shoes of its kind (Around 11.3 ounces) to provide more mobility.
- These shoes do not only performs amazingly regarding ventilation and heal support, but they also have a sleek, great look.
- It’s a perfect solution for High arches, very comfortable, nice cushioning, roomy toe box and a very effective for players with plantar fasciitis.
- One of the major drawbacks about Asics Gel Upcourt tennis shoe is that it may be a problem for players with wide feet because it runs a bit small.
- Some few people have complained about short laces, but to many who have bought this model, it doesn’t seem to be an issue.
7. Men’s & Women’s Adidas Performance Barricade 2015 Tennis Shoe
The Adidas Performance Barricade 2015 Tennis Shoe is the first Adidas shoe with Shock-absorbing adiprene technology; a technology that takes comfort and the responsiveness of the shoe to a whole new level. These tennis shoes feature a heel stabilizer, a rubber sole, a synthetic upper with mesh and a torsion system that let you enjoy a professional experience in your game.
They also have excellent traction, and they cushion the feet correctly and perfectly. From the reviewers who have bought this shoe, there are positive responses on its durability.
- The outsole of this shoe offers optimum high-wear durability.
- Superior cushioning at impact thanks to the midsole just under the heel. The AdiPRENE technology in this shoe maintains propulsion and efficiency.
- It’s equipped with torsion technology that provides better surface adaptation as well as stability making it one of the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis.
- One of the lightest shoes of its kind probably because of synthetic foil overlays and the abrasion resistant materials.
- It is not as streamlined as other tennis shoe brands and may not be the right shoe for everyone tennis game. However, they are high-quality shoes that suit most tennis player and are worth your consideration.
- Adidas brands are considered to be high-quality shoes, and you may have to spend more on them as compared to other shoes of their kind.
8. Women’s & Men’s Nike Vapor Court Tennis Shoes
Nike vapor court tennis shoes are perfect for players looking for a lightweight but minimalist type of a shoe that promotes natural foot movement. Their midsole has been designed with natural motion principles to provide a greater range of foot motion. To reduce weight on this tennis shoes, a foam has been placed in the low wear areas of the midsole while a GDR rubbers and synthetic leathers are placed in the key areas to increase its durability.
One of the greatest features that make this an ideal shoe for those with plantar fasciitis is the flex grooves; It’s placed under the arch to allow our foot to flex more naturally when reacting to a shot. This shoe is no doubt one of the affordable and comfortable shoes any tennis enthusiast need in court.
- The soft split leather uppers protect it during a play making it one of the most durable shoes.
- It features a dynamic fit system that wraps a player’s midfoot giving extra support.
- It has a relatively good traction needed for a quick multidirectional movement on the play.
- The synthetic and leather upper makes it one of the comfortable and breathable tennis shoe.
- It has a traditional lacing system that provides a tighter fit for a better-centralized system.
- The traction is not good enough for the shoe of its kind.
9. Women’s & Men’s Adidas Barricade 7.0 Tennis Shoes
The Adidas Barricade 7.0 Tennis Shoe features a classic 3 stripes look and a seamless upper construction that always keep break-in time at the minimum. Adidas previous models had a three claw stability features, but in this model has been upgraded to a better and more flexible system across the lateral outrigger and a lighter and comfortable features.
The outsole features a high level of traction; the torsion system on Barricade 7.0 is extended from the previous model for forefoot integrity and greater support.
- Greater durability if compared to other Adidas model. It comes with a six-month outsole durability warranty.
- Perfect fit, i.e. its length is true to size, medium width, medium arch support and an upgraded comfort features such as Molded Eva insole and a seamless synthetic upper.
- Perfect breathability thanks to extensive perforation and mesh that provide improved ventilation.
- Unlike previous Adidas model, the barricade7.0 features reflective features.
- Though the shoe has excellent outsole durability, there are few complaints of protruding nubs. For some reasons, I think Adidas focused on lightweight features and softness which make get flattened after some time, but thanks for the six months warranty.
10. Women’s & Men’s Head Sprint Pro Court Shoe
Any tennis player with plantar fasciitis should definitely try the Head Sprint Pro Court Shoe because it’s one of the shoes on the market today that provides nothing less of great stability and a low to the ground feel. This lightweight model (14.8 ounces) comes with a wider toe box, yet fits players with a narrow foot. It has a classic beefed up heal that allows a stable flow movement around the baseline.
The Shoe heal is integrated with head’s Trinergy technology to provide heel impact, provide torsion stiffness and support multi-directional movements. If you are one of those players who are toe draggers, this is a perfect model. It has a molded rubber toe cap, a TPU heel stabilizer all to provide great support. The Sprint Pro also features a zonal tread design that gives optimal traction on the shoe.
- This is a durable shoe, whether you want to play on clay or hard court thanks to the abrasion rubber outsole, and it’s backed up with six months warranty.
- Has a sleek look that goes with its tech-performance capacity, which is why this tennis shoe is very attractive.
- Its design is very simple, well-thought out, lightweight and very affordable.
- The support and stability are one of the most favorable aspects of this shoe which make it stands out amongst the shoes of its kind.
- A mesh may wear prematurely if not handled properly and few people have said that they prefer its predecessor; however, for those who have plantar fasciitis, it seems to be a perfect tennis shoe that may be worth considerations.
- It’s heavy than other best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis.
What to Consider Before Buying Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis?
If you choose a tennis shoe that does not fit well in your feet and the arc of the shoe does not support your leg, then it will lead you to the consequence of overpronation.
While playing tennis, you have to move swiftly and frequently on the court. For the purpose of playing tennis, you should select a good quality tennis shoe for plantar fasciitis.
There are several shoes in the market with various features in it. Now, here we have a passage containing the facts that you should consider before buying the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis.
You have to choose you tennis shoes considering the arch of the shoe with much priority. Check if the arch of the shoe gives you enough support for your plantar fasciitis. Otherwise, the overpronation problem will increase much.
Size of the Shoe
Choose the shoe which fits your feet well. As you have plantar fasciitis, you have to choose the shoe which is half a size larger than your foot. The Smaller shoe can increase your pain and cause other pain and injury. Larger shoes will not fit your feet and make you imbalanced while playing tennis. It will not reduce you overpronation rather cause pain in the heel.
Stability is a vital factor while selecting a good quality tennis shoe for plantar fasciitis. The shoes which are greatly stable are highly recommended for tennis players who have the issue of plantar fasciitis.
If you have plantar fasciitis issue, your tennis shoes must provide you extra comfort in your feet. For providing extra comfort in the feet, the shoes have extra cushioning in it. As a result, you can be comfortable on the tennis court while playing. So, before selecting the tennis shoe, make sure that you are comfortable with that shoe.
Conclusion of best tennis court shoes for plantar fasciitis
These ten shoes are by so far the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis. They have proven to give many tennis players a winning by providing proper foot support, relieving the nagging issue that you might be experiencing when on the game. How do I know that these tennis shoes are the best?
Because I own some myself and I have done a detailed research on other to make sure that those who have experienced the same problem I experience in my tennis match, get a win while at the same time get the value for their money.
- Best Athletic Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis Reviews
- Asics Gel Resolution 5 Tennis Shoe Reviews
- Find the best beds for sex